You may download the Call for Papers Flyer here.
CWN 2021 will take place at Bologna, Italy, on October 11, 2021, collocated with the 17th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob 2021).
With the rapid proliferation of wireless devices and services, the mobile Internet has experienced exponential growth in recent years, which poses potential challenges for mobile operators, especially in terms of quality-of-service provisioning. Cooperation in wireless network emerged as a promising strategy to improve the overall performance by resource sharing, increasing data rates and network throughput. Furthermore, cooperation has the potential to increase energy efficiency, network coverage and reliability.
The aim of this workshop is to provide a space for researchers and technologists to present new ideas and contributions in cooperative wireless networks, a key element for the advance of the Future Internet. The concept of cooperation can be applied to a wide scope of technologies, systems and applications, in order to achieve an efficient use of the spectrum (cognitive radio), extended network coverage (cooperative diversity, multi-hop relaying), improved performance and reliability (network coding, cross-layer protocols, network slicing) and user safety (vehicular networks, emergency networks), among other aspects.
The organizers of this workshop invite prospective authors to submit high-quality technical papers addressing, but not limited to, the following topics of interest:
- Dynamic resource allocation in wireless cooperative networks
- Cross-layer management and protocols for cooperative networks
- Cross-layer design and optimization for cooperative networks
- Control and management in cooperative networks
- Performance analysis in cooperative networks
- Cooperative diversity
- Information theory aspects of cooperation
- Power management in wireless cooperative networks
- Business models for cooperative networks
- Multimedia transmission in cooperative networks
- Cooperation in 5G and beyond cellular networks
- Cooperation in Software Defined Networks aimed to wireless communications
- Cooperation in Wireless Sensor Networks
- Cooperation in the Internet of Things
- Cooperation in Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN)
- Cooperation in Nano-wireless Communications
- Cooperation in Vehicular Wireless Networks
- Cooperation in Mobile Cloud/Edge/Fog Computing
- Cooperative networking in User Provided Networks
- Cooperation in networks with Network Function Virtualization
- Cooperation in Network Slicing scenarios
- Cooperation in multi-hop and D2D scenarios
- Cooperation in Cell-less networks
- Security and Privacy in Cooperative Wireless Networks
- Applications and services over cooperative networks
- Testbeds, strategies and experimentation on cooperative networks
- Submission Deadline: July 31, 2021
- Notification of Acceptance: September 1, 2021
- Camera Ready: September 15, 2021
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, and will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Digital Xplore. Authors are required to submit fully formatted papers (PDF), with graphs, images, and other special areas arranged as intended for the final publication. Papers should be written in English conforming to the IEEE standard conference format (8.5" x 11" - US letter, Two- Column). The final manuscript for publication will be limited to 6 IEEE pages (Maximum of two (2) additional pages can be purchased, each paper cannot exceed 8 pages). You can find a copy of the IEEE standard conference template for Microsoft Word or LaTeX formats here. Your paper must be printable in order to be accepted. All submissions must be made through EDAS.
You can have more information in the “Author guideline” section in the conference website: http://wimob.org/wimob2021/guidelines.html